With recommendations coming from various health sectors encouraging Americans to stay home this holiday season, many of us won’t be traveling to other countries like we usually do. Instead, we might take this time to see and explore our own beautiful country.
Before embarking on your next big adventure, however, we at J.E. Insurance Associates DBA Amco Insurance, a licensed provider of reliable auto insurance in Hialeah, Florida, advise you to do the following things before hitting the road with friends and family.
- Remember to install winter tires before you leave home. As the temperature drops, summer tires might start to stiffen and lose elasticity, which can lead to less traction and poor performance.
- Have your vehicle’s fluids checked. Contact your mechanic and have him take a look at your brake fluids, transmission fluids, coolant, motor oil, and power-steering fluid.
- Equip your windshield washer fluid with a de-icing formula, and be sure to keep an extra bottle of it in the trunk.
- Prepare an emergency kit. Make sure to have the following items:
- No less than half a tank of gas
- A bag of road salt, sand, or kitty litter
- An ice scraper or snow brush
- Weather-appropriate clothing and shoes
- An in-can phone charger
- Food and water
- A set of jumper cables
- A flashlight and extra batteries
- A warm blanket
Looking to get quality life insurance in Hialeah, Florida before setting out on your journey? We might have just what you need.